Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Lennon Syndrome

I have to confess that I'm a beatlemaniac. I have every single recording from The Beatles, I have almost all the movies, I have documentaries, I have t-shirts that draw people's attention and makes them strike conversation when I'm wearing them, I know most of the lyrics to most of their songs, I can even play some songs on the guitar.

Anyway, I've noticed an interesting phenomenon about John Lennon's life. When he was married to Cynthia, he was basically a good guy. I mean, he was a little crazy, but Cynthia, being very moderate and conservative, sort of kept him under control. On the other hand, when he was married to Yoko, he was out of control. He already had the tendency to do crazy stuff, but Yoko, instead of being the voice of sanity, encouraged him to be even crazier.

I've noticed that I have friends like this. Some of them get together with Yokos and it's all downhill from there. Some others get together with Cynthias and they do pretty well. I guess it's only human nature.

By the way, there are many other definitions of "the Lennon syndrome".

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

efutch said...

There is a new book by Cynthia BTW, where she speaks her mind telling her side of the story on John. You should get it and comment on it.